A detailed plan to change & improve all Dublin Bus routes has been prepared. These are on www.busconnects.ie and public consultation ends on 14th September, with implementation towards end 2019. Minister Simon Harris, Alice O’Donnell and I are holding public information & consultation meetings about changes in this area. Please come along and give us your views;
- Greystones, Whale Theatre, Thursday 26th July 7.30 pm.
- Newcastle Community Centre, Tuesday 7th August 7.30 pm.
- Kilcoole, Forester’s Hall Wednesday 8th August 7.30 pm.
These changes include:
- An around Greystones Service every 30 mins.
- Replacing the 84 & 184 with Bray, Greystones, Charlesland bus every 20 mins carrying on to Kilcoole, Newcastle, Kiladreenan, Newtown , Delgany every 40 mins and reverse direction every 40 mins. This increases the weekday bus frequency in Charlesland to 20 mins from 30. Weekends increased to every 30 mins from 120 mins.
- Retention of 84x at peak hours.
- Increasing Greystones DART frequency to 20 mins (from 30mins). This is complex on a single track and in February I did a study on how to do this, which is on my website. The National Transport Authority has asked consulting engineers to check this out and if it is not possible they will provide a better bus service. It will need a capital investment.
There are many advantages to this and a few disadvantages. Please come along.
For many years I have been asking for an 84x type service to the LUAS at Sandyford and at the Red Cow, along the M50. Many locals work there and this would help cut down the number of cars on the N11. This is not included. If you think it a good idea please include in your submission.