Cllr Derek Mitchell (FG) went to a seminar on Dublin bus route redesign which was interesting but theoretical. Detailed proposals will be out in the Autumn which could be a radical redesign across the entire Dublin Bus network ‘I spotted a basic mistake on the Greystones DART frequency and got it corrected. I had a list of my proposals and some ones collected in a survey which I sent in afterwards’. These included:
· Busses on M50 to, Cherrywood, Sandyford, Luas, Dundrum, Citwest, Blanchardstown, Airport. To get people out of cars time has be reasonable compared to them. This requires Motorway speeds and not getting caught up in towns. I have seen this work in Oslo for example where buses stop at Motorway junction ramps. Also park n’ Ride sites on N11.
· The 84x is a good service but more are needed, including during the day, later in evening and weekends.
· A more regular service to UCD.
· Cannot get on returning 84x as full with short distance people. Must wait a long time for next one if any. Foxrock and Clonkeen Road mentioned amongst other places.
· Bus does not meet DART, often pulling out just before train pulls in. Difficult to get South of Greystones in evenings.
· NTA and Irish Rail planning a worse service South of Bray so a better bus service is needed to compensate. The 10 minute timetable to be introduced when the drivers allow it, is marketed as an improvement but South of Bray will have no more trains and a 5.5 minute (+12%) longer journey time.
· DCU link like Kildare has.
· Bus passes not accepted on Finnegans.
· Service from Newtownmount kennedy on M50.
· Park n’ Ride site at top of Farrenkelly road (on M50) and busses into town/M50.
· St. Vincents hospital access problems.
· 184 to Eden gate.
· More Nightlinks
· A local bus service.
· Increase jobs in area.
· Reduce development.