I have been canvassing for No. 1 votes and some people asked what I had done for Newcastle:
In the Past.
- Footpath from village to School.
- Spent 9 years pressing for his to be done and finally it is. The road has also been strengthened.
- Children’s Playground.
- Helped Community Centre initiate this.
- Voted against Large Development on Sea Road.
- This was inserted in the Plan 5 years ago and I voted and campaigned against it. It was then deleted.
- Helped initiate planning enforcement action against its creeping expansion. There have been 2 adjourned Court Cases so far. I want them to apply for planning permission, like anyone else, so appropriate safeguards for the residents and the nature area can be put in place. I do not want it to grow by stealth into another Weston aerodrome.
- Road to N11.
- Some years ago I got this listed as a ‘Road for Improvement’. Some funding was granted this year but it now seems to have been withdrawn. I will be following this up and pressing in future years.
- I will be pressing for a more frequent bus service to connect to the DART.
- Speed bumps.
- More effective ones are needed.
- M50/N11 Traffic Jams.
- There are large traffic jams in both directions at rush hour as the road is carrying 1.7 times the amount it was designed for. I am concerned that it will seize up.
- There is a plan to build a new large town (7,000 people, 16,000 jobs)!! at Fassaroe. I opposed the plan unless the N11 is expanded and this has now been inserted as a condition.
- Footpath and road strengthening from the village to the school finally complete.